Homemade Dog Treat Recipe – Peanut Butter Bites
We bake all natural homemade dog treats at our store and I’m always trying out new recipes. Here’s an easy recipe to try at home. Use your favorite cookie cutter or roll dough flat and use a pizza roller to slice dough into small squares.
Peanut Butter Bites
- 6 cups whole wheat flour ( you may have to add more or less depending on the brand of flour you use – Arrowhead Mills Organic Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour works best for us)
- 2.5 cups water
- 2.5 cups natural peanut butter (Smart Balance Peanut Butter is great!)
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Combine wet ingredients in a bowl and slowly add flour until a thick dough forms – add more flour if needed
- Roll out dough to desired thickness, cut out shapes with a cookie cutter or pizza roller, and place treats on a tray lined with parchment paper
- Bake at 325 degrees (best in a convection oven) for 25-30 minutes. Treats should be crunchy and dry when removed from oven. Let treats cool and dry out over night.
- Reward your pet with your delicious homemade treats! Keep in an air tight container, they will last for several weeks.
**TIP: If your dog is allergic to wheat, try oat flour or brown rice flour